- This event has passed.
Opioid and Addiction Education for the Dental Practitioner 2023
December 2 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am$30.00 – $40.00
Elizabeth McClurre, RDH, CDHC, MEd & Beth Monnin, MSEd, RDH
Saturday, December 2, 2023 9:00-11:00am 2 CEs
$30 ADHA member; $40 non-member
Course Description: This course explores the opioid crisis in the United States and the dental professional’s role in assessing the patient’s pain control needs. The history and current state of opioid use, misuse, addiction, overdose and death will also be addressed. This course fulfills mandatory Opioid Continuing Education Credit required by the Ohio State Dental Board for license renewal for all Ohio licensed dental professionals (dentists and dental hygienists).
- Identify the classifications of medications
- Discuss the mechanisms of action of various medications
- Explore the positive and negative effects of opioids
- Explore the psychological and psychological causes of pain
- Discuss the opioid crisis including the history of opioids and current statistics
- Identify pain management strategies, including opioid and non-opioid strategies
- Discuss the risks and benefits of opioids
- Explore addiction treatment options
- Examine the Ohio Revised code for Mandatory Opioid Education
- Review the Ohio Administrative code for prescribing guidelines
- Discuss addiction, abuse, dependence and addiction resources.
**You will receive a Zoom link to your email address a day prior to the event**